Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hard times

I am finding myself in a hard set of times right now.  Trying not to clench my teeth together is proving to be very difficult.  I find myself doing it at stressful or intense times and it requires all my concentration just to stop doing it.  Just holding my jaw in a neutral position is tiring, let alone being constantly aware of everything else that is going on externally and requires attention.

My best advise, I need to follow this advise myself, is to remain calm.  Breathe, and relax.  Stressors are found everywhere and are often hidden in the mundane, so be ever vigilant!  If you find yourself clenching or grinding while concentrating hard, put your tongue between your teeth.  Only by being constantly aware of jaw positioning can you begin to heal and feel better!

Hoping this finds you in better jaw health,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment